ZAMRUD TOURS AND TRAVEL SUSTAINABILITY POLICY
Internal Social and Environmental Management
We are committed to reducing the social and environmental impact on a regular basis in the work environment both in the office and in the tour activities that we organize, with follow :
- Ensure a safe working environment for our employees both in our office and during the tours we operate.
- Give awards to our employees, both office and field, with training and opportunities for personal and professional development.
- To have health and safety policy for employees which complies to national legal standards
- Buy goods produced with the least negative and maximum positive impacts
- Reduce our environmental impact by finding creative ways to reduce, reuse and recycle waste.
- Buy local goods to reduce transport and support local economy.
- Purchase products in bulk, to reduce the amount of packaging materials
- Set copy and printing machines by default to double-sided printing or other forms of paper saving modes
- Implement measurements to reduce brochure wastage or an 'internet only' policy
- Have an active commitment to measure, monitor and reduce energy consumption
- Switch off Lights and equipment when not in use
- Prefer low energy equipment when buying new items, including considerations of cost and qualit
- Use sustainable water sourcing, which does not adversely affect environmental flows
- Take action to reduce the amount of (non-refillable) plastic bottles of drinking water for office use
- Separate all materials which can be recycled and organize collection and proper disposal
- Implement waste reducing methods when using ink and toner cartridges for printing and copying, whenever feasible
- Reduce transport related impacts by tele-work, tele/video meetings, work-athome policies or other means.
- Provide periodic guidance, training and/or information to all staff members, about their roles and responsibilities with respect to internal environmental practices
We try and ensure that the vehicles used for our tour activities do not cause large pollution impacts. We believe that transportation has a very important role in sustainable tourism and we are therefore committed to reducing the impact of transportation pollution by:
- Cooperating with transportation companies that always pay attention to their vehicles.
- Cooperate with transportation companies that understand or have eco driving regulations.
- Use better forms of transportation and track carbon footprint if permitted.
- Consider and give preference to more sustainable alternatives when choosing transportation options for transfers and visits to destinations, taking into account price, convenience and practical considerations
In sustainable tourism, accommodation has a very important role. therefore we are committed to motivating our partners to fully carry out sustainable activities by:
- Select and choose accommodation that is locally owned and managed
- Choose accommodations that employ local people
- Motivate and encourage partner accommodations to become certified sustainable
- Give preference to providers who have sustainability certification and or support the improvement of the sustainability of their operations
We aim to maximize positive impacts and minimize negative impacts at destination to ensure the sustainable development of the places that we operate in. We commit to this by:
- Consider sustainability aspects in the selection process of new destinations and possibly offer alternative, non-mainstream destinations.
- Not selecting destinations in which tourism leads to structural negative local effects, (unless the company's involvement results in clear counter balancing effects).
- Develop products that display our best goals while providing opportunities for local residents and preserving the natural environment.
- Consider selection of new destinations, which are reachable through more sustainable means of transport.
- Comply with legally based spatial planning, protected areas and heritage regulations. Also with destination management strategies of local, regional and national authorities.
- Raise awareness about sustainability issues and work with all stakeholders in our destination to work to preserve them for future generations, both local residents and visitors.
- Support biodiversity conservation, including protected areas and areas of high biodiversity.
- Not promote souvenirs which contain threatened flora and fauna species.
- Give preference to local goods and services that benefit the communities where we are provided and have a positive effect on the environment, including locally owned accommodations, visits, and tour leaders from the destination.
We always take the principle that "guest is king". therefore we will always:
- Provide the best service
- Actively communicating everything related to their trip such as:
- What they can and cannot do in that place, local culture,
- What they can bring and do not need to bring during the tour
- Sustainability in the destination.
3. Maintain our clients' personal data.